This Pesto is a delicious alternative to basil based Pesto. The rocket gives a delicious peppery flavour which complements many different dishes. You can try many different types of herbs to make a Pesto, why not also try making my Asian Pesto which you will find through the recipe search. This recipe makes around 250ml more than you will need for one recipe but it will store well in a jar in the refrigerator for 1 month.
Portions: Makes 250ml
Preparation: 10 minutes
- 125g rocket, stems trimmed and roughly chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 50g walnuts, roughly chopped
- 50g parmesan, grated
- 80ml extra virgin olive oil
- maldon salt and freshly ground pepper
- Rocket Pesto: Place the rocket, walnuts, parmesan, and a little salt and pepper, in a food processor. Blend the mixture until the mixture is smooth, scraping down the side occasionally. While the motor is running gradually pour in the olive oil until well distributed.
- Storage: Place the Pesto in a sterilised jar and pour a little extra olive oil over the top and seal well with a lid. Refrigerate until ready to use. The Pesto will keep for up to a month in well sealed jar in the refrigerator.