Chinese vegetables are excellent when stir fried and served with a simple sauce. Stir fried vegetables are a good accompaniment in a Chinese meal with meat, tofu or seafood dishes and steamed rice.
Portions: 6 Portions as part of a meal
Preparation: 10 minutes
Cooking: 5 minutes
- 2 tbsp peanut or sunflower oil
- 500-600g choy sum, trimmed, washed and cut into two
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp corn flour
- 3 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp caster sugar
- Choy Sum: Heat the oil in a wok over a moderate-high heat. Add the garlic and choy sum and stir until it is just wilted.
- Sauce: Mix all the ingredients together in a container. Stir the sauce in with the choy sum. Cook for 1-2 minutes stirring as sauce thickens. Add the sesame oil and toss it so it coats the choy sum and serve.
- To Serve: Remove the choy sum from the wok and lay it out on serving dish. Drizzle the remaining sauce over the choy sum. Serve with steamed rice and accompanying dishes.