This Pesto is a delicious alternative to basil based Pesto. The summer herb mixture of corriander, mint and basil makes a refreshing change and complements many different dishes. You can try many different types of herbs and nuts to make pesto eg. walnuts and rocket, macadaimia nuts and corriander. This recipe makes around 250ml more than you will need for one recipe but it will store well in a jar in the refrigerator for 1 month.
Portions: Makes 250ml
Preparation: 10 minutes
- 50g corriander roughly chopped
- 50g mint leaves
- 50g basil leaves
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 50g pine nuts
- 75g parmesan, grated
- 100ml extra virgin olive oil
- maldon salt and freshly ground pepper
- Summer Pesto: Place the herbs, pine nuts, parmesan, and a little salt and pepper, in a food processor. Blend the mixture until the mixture is smooth, scraping down the side occasionally. While the motor is running gradually pour in the olive oil until well distributed.
- Storage: Place the Pesto in a sterilised jar and pour a little extra olive oil over the top and seal well with a lid. Refrigerate until ready to use. The Pesto will keep for up to a month in well sealed jar in the refrigerator.