Steamed Pak Choi with Ginger and Garlic
My favourite way to cook Chinese greens is not stir frying but steaming. Steaming the vegetabbles retains their flavour, colour and texture, it is also quicker and healthier.
Portions: 6 Portions
Preparation: 5 minute
Cooking: 5 minutes
- 750g pak choi, trimmed, washed and cut in half or thirds (dependant on the size)
- 2 tsp ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- To Prepare: Bring a large saucepan of water to the boil (a bamboo steaming basket should fit comfortably on the pan) ior the water in the base of a steamer.
- Place the pak choi on a plate that will fit in the bamboo steaming basket or top of the steamer. Add the ginger, garlic, sesame oil and soy sauce to the pak choi, toass the pak choi so that the ingredients are well distributed.
- To Cook: Place the pak choi in a bamboo steamer with a lid and place it on the saucepan with the boiling water or place the pak choi in the top of a steamer. Cook the pak choi for 3-5 minutes until it is wilted and tender.
- To Serve: Distribute the pak choi onto serving plates or serve it directly from the plate that it was cooked on.