Pasta Nero with Chilli and Lemon
A simple recipe but great hot or cold. Serve it along with a little rocket and parmesan salad and to accompany seafood dishes. You can prepare this pasta in advance and refrigerate for up to a day, removing it from the refrigerator half an hour before serving.
Portions: 6 Portions
Preparation: 5 minutes
Cooking: 3-10 minutes (varying according to fresh or dried pasta)
- 500g dried black linguini, fettuccine or spaghetti or fresh fettuccine or linguini (see recipe)
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tsp dried chilli flakes
- juice and zest of 2 lemons
- 200ml extra virgin olive oil
- maldon salt and freshly ground pepper
- rocket salad with a parmesan shavings (optional)
- Pasta: Bring a large saucepan of water to the boil. Add the pasta to the water and leave at a steady simmer until al dente (with bite). Fresh pasta will only take a couple of minutes while dried will take around 10 minutes. Drain and toss with a couple of tablespoons of olive oil.
- Sauce: Heat the oil in a large saucepan over a moderate-high heat. When the oil is hot remove the pan from the heat and stir in the garlic and chilli. Leave the oil to stand for a couple of minutes then stir in the lemon juice and zest. Toss the pasta in the garlic oil and reheat if serving hot or simply mix so that the pasta is coated in the oil. Season the pasta and serve hot or cold.