Sweet Chilli Jam is an excellent accompaniment for prawns, cheese and meats.
Portions: 800g Sweet Chilli Jam
Preparation: 15 minutes
Cooking: 40 - 50 minutes
Sweet Chilli Jam
- 500g over ripe tomatoes (not mouldy)
- 8 large red chillies
- 5 garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp roughly chopped ginger
- 50ml Thai fish sauce
- 300g caster sugar
- 100ml rice wine vinegar
- Sweet Chilli Jam:Puree the tomatoes, chillies, garlic, ginger and Thai fish sauce in a food processor or blender until you have a smooth puree.
- Place the puree, sugar and vinegar in a large saucepan and slowly bring to the boil, stirring regularly with a wooden spoon. When boiling reduce to a slow simmer and leave to cook for 40-50 minutes. Remove any skum that rises to the top and stir regularly.
- Remove from the heat and pour into sterilised jars, when at room temperature store in the refigerator until ready to use.