The most popular of Thia curries, especially prepared as a green chicken curry all over the world. It is well worth making your own paste as the flavour is far superior than any shop bought variety.
Portions: Makes: 250-300g
Preparation: 10 - 15 minutes
- 10-15 large green chillies, deseeded (dependent on taste)
- 5 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 4 tbps purple shallots or shallots, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp galangal or ginger, peeled and chopped finely
- 6 tbsp coriander, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp lemongrass, finely chopped or zest of 1 lime
- 1 tbsp coriander powder
- 2 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp shrimp paste
- 1 tbsp peanut oil or alternative oil
- Place all the ingredients in a food processor and blend to a paste consistency or grind in a mortar and pestle.
- Store in a sealed jar in the fridge for 3 months or freeze in portions.