Wild garlic season is short, while in abundance make the most of it. This is a great use for this aromatic wild green it's pungent flavour makes an amazing pesto. The flavour complements many dishes, of course great with pasta or try it as a dip or tossed with prawns. This recipe makes around 400ml more than you will need for one recipe but it will store well in a jar in the refrigerator for 1 month.
Portions: Makes 400ml
Preparation: 10 minutes
Wild Garlic Pesto
- 125g wild garlic, washed, dried and roughly chopped
- 100g pine nuts
- 120g parmesan, grated
- 100ml extra virgin olive oil
- maldon salt and freshly ground pepper
- Wild Garlic Pesto: Place the wild garlic, pine nuts, parmesan, and a little salt and pepper, in a food processor. Blend the mixture until the mixture is smooth, scraping down the side occasionally. While the motor is running gradually pour in the olive oil until well distributed.
- Storage: Place the Pesto in a sterilised jar and pour a little extra olive oil over the top and seal well with a lid. Refrigerate until ready to use. The Pesto will keep for up to a month in well sealed jar in the refrigerator.