Spare Ribs are cheap, tasty and easy to cook. A great dish for a quick mid week dinner or weekend lunch.
Portions: 4 Portions
Preparation: 5 minutes plus 2 hours marinating
Cooking: 80 minutes
- 1.5-2 kg or 16 pork spare ribs, cut into individual ribs
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tsp five spice
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp ginger, grated
- 1 tbsp golden syrup
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tbsp tomato sauce
- Place all the marinade ingredients in an oven tray large enough to hold the ribs, mix until well combined. Place the ribs in the marinade, cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Preheat an oven to 160C. Place the ribs on the centre shelf of the preheated oven. Cook for 1 hour then increase the temperature to 220C and cook for a further 15-20 minutes so that they are sticky, crisp and dark golden brown and what may seem to be nearly burnt.
- Serve the ribs on their own or with boiled rice and Asian greens