The belgiums love this sauce with their frites, or chips to you and me. It is certainly different from tomato sauce, but in a pleasent, surprising way.
Portions: Makes 300g
Preparation: 5 minutes
- 200g mayonnaise or creme fraiche
- 2 tbsp capers, chopped
- 1 tbsp anchovies, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp parsley, finely chopped
- juice of quarter of a lemon
- Place all the ingredients in a bowl and mix them together well. Serve with potato chips or another deep fried vegetable or seafood. Store the sauce in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. If using home made mayonnaise you will only be able to keep it for a couple of hours in the refrigerator, and if this is the case use the freshest free range or organic eggs to reduce the chances of salmonella poisoning.