Welcome to the December 2014 Edition
It's December, and Christmas is fast approaching. It is time to start the menu planning, making sure you've ordered all those all important Christmas ingredients and completing all those tasks that can be done in advance of the big day so that you can enjoy the festivities along with family and friends.
Sarah has put together her Christmas menu ideas to give you a head start in planning of the big dinner. What ever you cook for the big day, we hope it all goes well and you all have a wonderful Christmas.
Christmas Menu Ideas
- Cream of Wild Mushroom with Truffle Shavings
- Mediterranean Vegetable Gateau with a Roasted Tomato Sauce
- Rabbit Terrine
- Spicy Poached Pear with a Baby Spinach, Stilton and Roasted Walnut Salad
Poultry and Game
- Barbecued Turkey with Herbs and Citrus Butter
- Citrus Turkey with a Sage and Wild Mushroom Farce
- Galantine of Chicken
- Galantine of Goose
- Peking Duck
- Roast Breast of Turkey with an Apple and Chestnut Stuffing
- Roasted Citrus and Saffron Turkey with a Jewelled Couscous Stuffing
- Roast Goose with Apple Stuffing
- Roast Partridge with Watercress and Game Chips
- Steamed Breast of Turkey in Parma Ham with a Spinach and Ricotta Farce
- Individual Layered Root Vegetable Tarts
- Brussel Sprouts and Chestnut Ravioli with a Wild Mushroom and Cranberry Sauce
- Christmas Filo Rolls on Cream of Brussel Sprouts and Roasted Vegetables with a Cranberry Sauce
- Oranges with Ham and Apricot Stuffing
- Chipolatas Wrapped in Bacon
- Glazed Fruit with Almonds
- Bacon and Sausage Koftas
- Chestnut, Prune and Sage Stuffing Balls
- Polenta Croutons
- Brussel Sprouts with Maple Syrup Toasted Pecans
- Brussel Sprouts Glazed with Chestnuts and Cranberries
- Hasselback Potatoes
- Potato Dauphinoise
- Pumpkin Gnocchi
- Salad Roasted Beetroot and Jerusalem Artichokes with Baby Spinach and Walnuts
- Christmas Mince Pies
- Christmas Brûlée
- Christmas Pudding
- Christmas Rum Truffles
- Nutty Christmas Cake
- German Christmas Bread Stollen
- Tropical Chrissie Cake
- Individual Christmas Pudding Ice-Cream
- Cranberry and Pecan Christmas Pudding
- Pear Friands
- Brandy Ice-Cream
- Brandy Butter
- Wontons with Mincemeat and Brandy Ice-Cream
- Gingerbread House
- Summer Pudding Terrine
- Self Saucing Chocolate Puddings
- Tropical Pavlova
- Hazelnut Meringue and Strawberry Gateau
Sarah's Seasonal Recipe List has been updated with great ideas, which can be found on our Recipes page. Also, we have the December guide to the best seasonal produce. It is our "What to eat now" guide for those who are looking to get the most out of their local ingredients. There are Northern Hemisphere and Southern Hemisphere articles.
This month see two new book reviews for you to enjoy. The first is Ottolenghi: The Cookbook by Yotam Ottolenghi. This cookbook is bound to become a classic amongst all the Ottolenghi cookery books on Middle Eastern and Mediterranean food. Then we have Smashing Plates: Greek flavours redefined by Maria Elia, where traditional Greek dishes are done with a modern twist. It is a book that is full of lovely stories and beautiful recipes.
Is there something missing? If you can't find a recipe, or want some information,simply Email us. Just use the Contact page to reach us.
The bare ingredients team.
Please have a look around our site. We would be happy to get feedback, so please feel free to pass on your comments via our Contact page.