When I was a child we always cooked potatoes wrapped in foil in the hot coals of the barbecue. This is a delicious way of cooking potatoes on the barbecue as the tender potatoes have a great smoky tasty.
Portions: 4-6 Portions
Preparation: 5 minutes
Cooking: 30-40 minutes
- 24 new potatoes (washed and dried)
- 2 tbsp pesto
- 150ml extra virgin olive oil
- generous pinch maldon salt
- Pesto Oil: Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl until well combined.
- New Potatoes: Preheat a barbecue to a moderate heat. Toss the new potatoes in the pesto oil so that they are well coated. Wrap the new potatoes individual in foil, so that they are well covered.
- To Barbecue: Place the potatoes wrapped in foil in the coals of a moderate barbecue or at the sides of a gas barbecue. Leave the potatoes to cook for 30-40 minutes until they are tender.
- To Serve: Serve the potatoes hot with plenty of butter, sour cream or creme fraiche.
- Cooking time for the potatoes will vary according to their size and the heat of the barbecue.