- Place all the ingredients in a bowl large enough to hold the poussin, and mix
it together well.
- Remove the backbone of the poussins by using a pair of kitchen scissors or
- Turn the poussin over onto its breast and the back is facing upwards, holding
the poussin cut along either side of the back and remove it, be careful not to cut
the leg meat.
- Grate the unpeeled cucumber on the coarsely and drain on absorbent
- Mix with the remaining ingredients and season.
Preheat a grill to its highest temperature, or prepare a BBQ so that is very
- Place the poussin with the marinade into a roasting tin and season with salt
- Place the poussin on the BBQ breast side down for 7-10 minutes and turn over
and cook on the flesh side for a further 7-10 minutes. The poussin is cooked when
pierced with a fork its juices run clear or Grill for 15-20 minutes, turning halfway
through the cooking time.
To serve: Place the pilau rice in the center of each plate (hot or cold). Place the
poussin on a chopping board breast side down and slice the poussin in half in between
the two breast, repeat this with the rest of the poussins. Place half a poussin on the
pilau rice in the center of each plate. Around the edge of each plate pour a small about
raita on each plate. Garnish with coriander leaves. Serve with mango chutney.