Corn Muffins with Coriander and Chilli
These muffins are easy to prepare and a real tasty addition to your meal. They make the prefect accompaniment to soup.
Prep: 5 minutes
Cook: 15-20 minutes
- 100g yellow Cornmeal or easy cook polenta
- 200g self raising flour
- 1 tbsp caster sugar
- pinch Maldon salt
- 2 tbsp coriander, finely chopped
- 1 red chilli finely chopped
- 2 egg
- 150ml coconut milk
- 1 tsp lime juice
- 2 tbsp peanut or olive oil
Preparation:Grease a 12 muffin tin well with butter or use a non stick. Preheat an oven to 180°C.
Batter:Sift the cornmeal, flour, salt and sugar into a bowl. Mix in the coriander and chillies. In a separate bowl whisk together the coconut milk, oil and lime juice. Make a well in the flour mixture and pour in the liquid and beat it in well, so that there are no lumps.
To Cook:Pour the batter into the muffin tins filling them up to 2/3s full. Place in the preheated oven for 15-20 minutes until risen and golden brown. When a knife is placed in it should come out clear. Remove from the oven and serve hot.
* Any muffins that are not eaten can be frozen and will reheat well after 1-2 hours of defrosting.